Pediatric Infectious Diseases: Showcasing Trends, Achievements and ResearchCrowne Plaza Galleria
Manila Ortigas Avenue corner
Asian Development Bank Avenue Quezon City
February 15 - 17, 2017
(Wednesday - Friday)
Download Registration Form
Click here to download Guidelines for Abstract submission
Click here to download Abstract form
RESEARCH PAPER CONTESTOctober 5, 2016
To the Chairman
Department of Pediatrics
The Pediatric Infectious Disease Society of the Philippines (PIDSP) will hold its 24th Annual Convention on February 15-17, 2016 at the Crowne Plaza Galleria with the theme: “Pediatric Infectious Diseases: Showcasing Trends, Achievements and Researches".
Our society would like to invite you, your consultant staff and physicians-intraining to join our research paper contest. Any topic on Pediatric Infectious Diseases can be submitted. Interested participants are encouraged to submit a copy of their research papers and a completed abstract form to email@example.com with poster presentation as the subject heading. Attached are the rules for submission and an abstract form which you may reproduce if your institution has more than 1 entry.
To encourage participation, the Society would like to offer the following:
- Free convention registration for the research contest participants who submitted on or before the deadline;
- Prizes for the winners are as follows:
- 1st Prize : Php 15,000.00
- 2nd Prize : Php 12,000.00
- 3rd Prize : Php 8,000.00
Your participation in this competition is most welcome
Hope to see you all at the convention.
Mercy Jeane Uy-Aragon, MD
Chair, Research Committee
24th PIDSP Annual Convention
Marimel R. Pagcatipunan, MD
24th PIDSP Annual Convention
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
The Research and Poster Committee of the 24th PIDSP Annual Convention encourages all researchers and practitioners to contribute to the program by submitting recent researches on infectious diseases (within the last five years) for poster presentation
Papers must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the Congress.
Kindly submit an electronic copy of your full research paper and the abstract presentation form with the following specifications:
Full Research Paper Font: Times New Roman, size 12 Paper: A4 Line spacing: Double spaced Length: body of the paper should be a maximum of 15 pages(Introduction/Significance, Review of Literature, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, Recommendations) No identifying marks such as author’s name or institution should appear in any part of the paper. The appearance of an author’s/institution’s name in any of the contents of the paper, which includes the title, the abstract and the text of the research paper, whether intentionally or not, will be disqualified from participating in the contest.
Abstract Presentation FormFont: Times New Roman, size 12 Paper: A4 Line spacing: single spaced Title of the paper must appear in upper and lower case. Abstract of the paper should contain no more than 300 words. Abstracts should clearly state: Background and objectives Methods Results/Conclusions
- Papers/abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- The name/s of the author/s and institution/s must appear ONLY in the ABSTRACT PRESENTATION FORM which will remain with the committee chair for identification purposes, but will not be given to the other members of the committee nor judges. The appearance of an author’s/institution’s name in any of the contents of the full paper, whether intentionally or not, will be disqualified from participating in the contest.
- It is the responsibility of the main/presenting author to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the research paper before submission to the Secretariat and/or Research Poster Committee.
- Documents must be submitted via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a Microsoft word file, no later than the end of the calendar day of the set deadline.
- Any document received through other means or after the deadline will not be accepted nor acknowledged.
- Papers/Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Submission of researches acknowledges the author’s acceptance for it to be published in the Final Program.
DEADLINE for submission: 05 December 2016 Kindly send an electronic version in Microsoft Word of the full research paper and the abstract presentation form by email attachment to email@example.com with Poster Presentation in the subject heading.
Ma. Liza Antoinette M. Gonzales, M.D.
Anna Lisa T. Ong-Lim, M.D.
Mary Ann C. Bunyi, M.D.
Ma. Carmen B. Nievera, M.D.
Melba V. Masigan, M.D.
Mary Antonette C. Madrid, M.D.
Nancy N. Bermal, M.D.