Pediatric Infectious Diseases: Showcasing Trends, Achievements and ResearchCrowne Plaza Galleria
Manila Ortigas Avenue corner
Asian Development Bank Avenue Quezon City
February 15 - 17, 2017
(Wednesday - Friday)
Download Registration Form
Click here to download Guidelines for Abstract submission
Click here to download Abstract form
QUIZ SHOWOctober 5, 2016
To the Chairman
Department of Pediatrics
In behalf of the Pediatric Infectious Disease Society of the Philippines (PIDSP), I would like to invite your residents to participate in the 5th Residents' Interhospital PIDSP Quiz Contest which will be held during the 24th PIDSP Annual Convention on Feb 15-17, 2017 at the Crowne Plaza Galleria Hotel, Manila
The quiz show aims to provide a venue for a friendly competition between residents in training on their knowledge about common pediatric infectious diseases.
Each hospital with a PPS accredited pediatric residency training program is qualified to participate. The department chair should write a letter of intent for participation addressed to the undersigned, naming two (2) residents in training (regardless of year level) as representatives, and send thru email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first fifteen (15) hospitals to register online will be given free registration for their 2 contestants. A confirmation receipt will be sent back (via email) to the hospital, specifying whether the registration of the contestants will be free or not. This confirmation must be presented to the registration committee during the convention. All contestants must present a certification that he/she is currently under residency training from the chair/training officer of the department and a hospital identification card or PRC.
Attached to this letter are the mechanics and rules for the contest.Prizes for the winners are as follows:
- 1st Prize : Php 15,000.00
- 2nd Prize : Php 12,000.00
- 3rd Prize : Php 8,000.00
Deadline for submission of the letter of intent is on December 15, 2016 at 5PM.
We hope to receive a positive response from you and looking forward to an exciting friendly competition.
Very truly yours,
Imelda A. Luna, MD
Chair, Quiz Show Committee
Marimel R. Pagcatipunan, MD
24th PIDSP Annual Convention
Ma. Liza Antoinette M. Gonzales, MD
MECHANICS AND RULES GOVERNING THE ELIMINATION AND FINAL ROUNDS
- Each hospital with a PPS accredited pediatric residency training program is allowed to send a team of two (2) residents in training, regardless of year level. The team should register by sending a letter of intent addressed to Dr. Marimel R. Pagcatipunan, Chair, PIDSP Convention via email to email@example.com.
- The first fifteen (15) hospitals to register online will be given free registration for their 2 representatives.
- A confirmation receipt containing the names of contestants who will be given free registration will be sent back to the hospital.
- Upon registration at the convention, the contestant must present the following to the registration committee:
- Confirmation receipt. No confirmation receipt, no free registration
- Letter of intent sent thru email to PIDSP.
- Certification of residency training from the chair of the department or residency training committee
- Hospital ID/PRC identification card
- Contestants will be assigned a code to conceal the identity of the institution.
- The elimination round will be conducted in the form of a written exam on the 1st day of the PIDSP convention, February 16, 2017 at Crowne Plaza Galleria Hotel, Manila. Exact venue to be announced
- A 50 item written examination will be administered in 60 minutes
- All contestants are required to be at the venue at exactly 2:30PM for orientation regarding the mechanics. Venue to be announced
- During the contest proper, only registered contestants will be allowed inside the venue.
- Absolutely no questions will be entertained.
- Members of the committee on Quiz Show shall be present to ensure order of the proceedings.
- Each contestant will be given a set of questionaires and an answer sheet. Only the assigned identification code must be written on each page of the questionaire and the answer sheet.
- Final answers on each corresponding number should be properly shaded on the answer sheet. ANY ERASURES WILL INVALIDATE THE ANSWER.
- Test papers shall be checked IMMEDIATELY by members of the Quiz Show Committee.
- The average of the score of the two hospital representatives will be the score of the institution.
- The three hospitals with the highest score shall qualify for the final round and will be announced before the end of the 1st convention day.
- All finalist teams should register at the designated registration area (to be announced). They must present their Hospital ID or PRC identification card.
- Contest proper will start at 5.00 pm, second day of the convention, final venue to be announced.
A total of 15 multiple choice questions will be given. It will be divided into 5 questions of easy, moderate, and difficult rounds. A correct answer will be given 1 point,2 points, and 3 points each for the easy, moderate, difficult questions, respectively.
- Each team will be given an answer board and a writing pen.
- The Quiz Master will read the question twice. After he/she has finished reading the question, he will clearly say "GO". The contestants will be given seconds write their answers on the answer board. . At the end of 10 seconds, a buzzer will be sounded. The contestants will raise up their boards and quiz master will then read the answer of EACH HOSPITAL and then the CORRECT answer.
Only then will the contestants be allowed to put down their board.
- Two scorers shall be assigned to tabulate the scores: one to encode the scores to the computer and projected by LCD for the audience to view, and another to tabulate the scores on an official score sheet for documentation purposes.
- At the end of the 15 questions the first, second, and third place winners will be announced.
- In case of a tie, a "SUDDEN DEATH PLAY OFF" will be conducted until a winner is declared.
RULES FOR THE AUDIENCE
- Absolute silence shall be observed during the contest proper.
- Absolutely no coaching or prompting will be allowed.
- If any party is caught violating these rules, the particular question shall be cancelled making the answers of all contestants NULL AND VOID. In such case, a question from the tie-breaker roster shall be asked to replace the invalidated question.
Ma. Liza Antoinette M. Gonzales, M.D.
Anna Lisa T. Ong-Lim, M.D.
Mary Ann C. Bunyi, M.D.
Ma. Carmen B. Nievera, M.D.
Melba V. Masigan, M.D.
Mary Antonette C. Madrid, M.D.
Nancy N. Bermal, M.D.